Sunday, May 2, 2010

I DID IT!!!

I just got back from my homeschool co-op's "Family Award's Night", where all the kids received awards and also put on a talent show for the adults... and I performed with my brother, Hunter Fraser, and Ben Howe (we're a band) one of our songs called Where Have You Gone. But why is that significant in any way at all? Well, for one thing, I managed to conquer my insufferable fear of performing in public. It's TERRIBLE and has haunted me for SO long. Not to say I wasn't nervous or apprehensive about doing the song- my stomach would not stop squirming and churning, and I'm really glad I hadn't consumed anything before performing, or else I probably would've regurgitated. No joke. But what am I most proud of? I sang... ! ! ! ! !
If you know me really well, you will know I'm extremely reluctant to sing in front of people. It freaks me out. Seconds before I started the verse 1 singing- I wanted to roll up and die. I wanted to some how get myself out of that building!!! However, I didn't want to let my friends down. If I backed out and didn't sing, I'd ruin the night for them. Therefore... I went through with it. And... actually did well. I'll just leave it at that. The band and I got a ton of compliments from the audience after the talent show, and I was so encouraged. I'm so glad I got it over with though. *sigh of relief*
Sorry for taking so long to post- and for my lack of commenting (I seem to have to say this every entry I make!)- but lately, I've been going to my Journal instead of my blog to record my thoughts, but I'll definitely start to pick up the pace with my blogging and commenting over the next couple weeks.

Jake

PS: Tenth Avenue North, Light Meets the Dark, comes out in 9 days!!! :D

8 comments:

Hannah Nicole said...

I WANT THE TENTH AVENUE NORTH CD SO BAD!!!

Okay...now that that's over with...

I'm sure you did AWESOME. Wish I could've been there...and don't be freaked out about singing in public. You have a great voice. Even when singing about donuts. ;-)

Hannah

Emileigh Latham said...

I bet you did a wonderful job! I keep reading good things about the show.

Hey, are you still annoying your brother with your sneaky-picture-taking? Just wondering.

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

I LOVE Tenth Avenue North! I can't wait till the CD comes out...EEEEK.

Thats really cool you guys did the show. I'm sure you guys did great.
Both those songs on my blog are awesome! You should really check 'em out.

With Love and Blessings,
Bleah Briann

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

Also, thats awesome you like Ted Dekker. I don't know many people who do. What books have you read?

With Love and Blessings,
Bleah Briann

Vellvin said...

I'm glad that you went well!
Vellvin.

Amber said...

glad the show went well:) you sing?! wow that's awesome! you guys definitely need to post your song:)

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

I tagged you!

Alyson-Louise Belle said...

You're awesome just to have a band. I don't know many other musicians that I could be in a band with....I'm sure you did awesome, by the way!