Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Freezing 5k

Well, never mind checking Sunstar's blog to see the debate. She deleted all posts and comments related to it, so yeah... :( Just remember to keep her in your prayers because she really needs to see the truth.
Something absolutely awesome happened today. It *drumroll* SNOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But there was one thing bad about that: at eight o'clock in the morning I was scheduled to run a 5k (3.2 miles I think) and now, I had to run it in the freezing cold. I managed to survive and finished 41st out of about 250 people although unfortunately, I failed to make it into the top rank of my age group, meaning I didn't get a medal. *shrugs* It was still fun though and I had a blast. :D
I can't wait for tomorrow! In my church, I'm an assistant small-group leader for the kindergartners and it's a lot of fun. The best part is the beginning where the kids come in and I pretty much just have the job of playing with them and making sure they all have fun. *grins* I can't wait.
Also, I'm now in a homeschool co-op called ROCK, and what's so cool about it is that the kids get to do everything. Plan awesome event, create cool websites, and pretty much just take charge of everything we do. One of the coolest things we've done so far is started up a writing and reading club where we're going to post writings, do writing contests, vote on books to read as a group, and then once we have, discuss them. :D It's awesome.

Namarie,

Jake

2 comments:

Bekah said...

Yeah... *sigh* I really wish it didn't end this way.
Wow. Like I said to you in chat, I can barely run two miles. But 3.2 MILES?!?! Whoa, I'm moaning just thinking about it. And in this snow? I almost had to play soccer in it, but thankfully, my coach (haha...not COUCH, COACH :D) cancelled it. *looking out window praying snow will melt before tomorrow afternoon*
Aw...yeah, Hannah was telling me about how she gets to do that too. That must be SO awesome. Little kids are SO cute. :)
AH! ROCK is AMAZING. It's so great. I LOVE it how Julie just handed it ALL over to us. (*gulp* she put me on the Advisory Board, not sure how I feel about that. :D) Man, the book/writing club is amazing. We had better read "The Giver," "Gathering Blue," and "Messanger" before it ends. Those books are just... *mouth falls open* AMAZING.
Anyways, GREAT job running the 3.2 miles. :]
Bekah

Anonymous said...

WOW!! you run WAYYYYYYYYY better then I do. I can run the fastest in my family for about one minutes then I usualy fall down moaning. =D

God Bless You And Your Family,
Saerwen